Queenstown is a place that the nations COME to. God now wants to use it as a place from which to SEND people out to the nations
Youth With A Mission Queenstown is a missions training and evangelism centre in New Zealand.
In 2012, Andy and Amy-Joy Scalas first started officially preparing the groundwork for YWAM Queenstown (not including the previous decades of prayer that others have invested!). The first six months on location, starting in 2014, were a time of praying and connecting as a new small team, building relationships in the community, hosting outreach teams, and preparing for our first Discipleship Training School.
As we stepped out, we were amazed at how God took over and ran with His plans for this place. Since our first DTS in January 2015, YWAM Queenstown has grown to now running 6 DTS's and 2 bible schools (DBS) each year. And our initial team has grown from 5, to over 50 volunteer-staff.
We we currently run Discipleship Training Schools, Discipleship Bible Schools, and local outreach to the Queenstown-Lakes district’s residents, visitors and backpacking and snowboarding cultures, as well as overseas cross-cultural outreaches.
But the vision for the future will also expand to a leadership development program, more second level training schools, a hospitality ministry – and wherever else God wants to take us – He’s already shown us He’s got BIG plans
Our heart is to be a centre where people can discover their identity and calling, be trained, prepared and equipped, and then released to carry it out.
YWAM Queenstown aims to be a bridge connecting individuals, our community and the nations to a loving God by training, equipping, and sending young people to fulfill the Great Commission.
Mission statement – YWAM Queenstown
We aim to know God and make Him known by:
- Creating a Kingdom Culture in all areas of our life and work
- Discipling, training and equipping young people for world missions
- Engaging the residents and visitors of the Queenstown-Lakes district with a loving God
- Partnering with, and operating in unity with the local church body to serve the community and the nation
- Exhibiting servant leadership over those who follow us
- Championing, supporting and releasing young people in their gifts and destiny for multiplication of the Kingdom
- Expressing the heart of God by honoring people through the ministry of hospitality and valuing each individual
- Maintaining the visions and foundational values